Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Painting updates

I know its been awhile since I last worked on this piece (or wrote anything).. but I am back at my easel with fresh inspiration. A few months ago, when I first began this painting, I felt lost to which direction this piece should go.. My main goal was to stick solely to acrylic paint, not to bring in other materials... I'm beginning to rethink that goal.. 

Originally I had wanted to challenge myself to stick to just one medium. I thought it would make me a stronger artist to achieve this self imposed goal, but after some serious consideration I began to realize that I was not being true to my creative self but limiting how a piece is made... The story is not complete until I am able to add another element to the image..  I am an artist who dabbles with many creative materials and conveys an idea through multiple layers.  

The piece below was envisioned different a few months ago and may still turn out different from what I am currently envisioning.. At this moment I am picturing a large ship crashing into the locks of hair and maybe a small cityscape perched on the shoulder.  The cityscape might still be omitted. I'm debating on whether I should paint the ship or collage it onto the image..

Title: When the soul meets Body.

Last night after deciding that I was finished with painting for the night I saw that I still had plenty of paint left on my palette. Not wanting to waste material I created an impromptu painting of an orchid.. its not very good at all, but I think it can become something better if I work it right... 

I just need to figure out where I need to take the image......
I actually think that the painting looks better in this photo than it does in person..

No comments:

Post a Comment